Term of Office:
Nine members appointed by Town Council. Members must reside within the Batesburg-Leesville Town limits.
- Hear appeals and grant variances to the Zoning Ordinance.
- The Board rules on three types of appeals: Administrative Review, Special Exceptions and Requests for Variances.
- Have a general understanding of the Zoning Code.
- Observe attendance requirements.
- Appeals of the Board are handled by a court of record within 30 days of a decision.
- Must attend state-mandated six-hour orientation training within one year of appointment and attend at least three hours of continuing education each year.
The Board of Zoning Appeals meets the third Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at Town Hall, as needed. There is usually one to two cases on each agenda and meetings last for approximately 30 minutes.
Board of Zoning Appeals Members
||DISTRICT / POSITION
||District 1 Member
||District 2 Member
||District 3 Member
||District 4 Member
||District 5 Member
||District 6 Member
||District 7 Member
||District 8 Member
|Elza S. Spradley
Board of Zoning Appeals Agendas and Minutes