NOTICE TO PUBLIC: Effective July 1, 2015, the Town of Batesburg-Leesville will no longer pick up bulk items.
Bulk items include, but are not limited to:
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Rugs and Carpet
- Construction, Remodeling, Demolition Debris
Where Can Bulk and White Goods Be Disposed Of?
While the Town no longer collects and disposes of bulk goods, the following options exist for citizens and businesses to dispose of these items:
- Goodwill Industries (204 W. Columbia Ave) – Accepts donated gently used items
- Lexington County Collection Station (702 South Lee Street) – Citizens can dispose of items at this location and they accept most common bulk good items.
- Advanced Disposal (803-256-7276) – Residents can call ahead and schedule a pickup of bulk items with Advanced Disposal. Advanced Disposal will charge fees based on items to be collected.
The Town does not collect the following white goods:
- Water Heaters
- Air Conditioners
- Washers and Dryers
The Town of Batesburg-Leesville does not provide routine collection services for tires (with or without rims). The Town will periodically work with Lexington County Solid Waste Management and Advanced Disposal to host an event that allows for disposal of tires. Tires can be disposed of at the Lexington County Summit Collection Station, located at 419 Sandpit Road, Leesville, SC 29070. (Located between Quinton Richard Road and Dixie Street in Summit)
To dispose of electronics, please visit the Lexington County Electronics Recycling Program website to see where the next scheduled Electronic Recycling Event will be held. The Town continues to work with Lexington County to host electronic recycling events in Batesburg-Leesville, to provide our citizens quick and easy disposal of unused electronics.
120 West Church Street
Batesburg-Leesville, SC 29006
Phone: (803) 532-4601