Term of Office:
Nine members appointed by Town Council. Members must reside within the Batesburg-Leesville Town limits.
Makes recommendations to Town Council regarding zoning and rezoning requests.
- Makes recommendations to Town Council regarding the adoption of zoning and text amendments.
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding requests for annexation into the Town limits.
- Develop and carry out a continuing planning program for the Town's physical, social, and economic growth, as well as development and re-development predominantly through the Comprehensive Plan.
- Must have understanding of attendance requirements.
- Must attend state-mandated six-hour orientation training within one year of appointment and attend at least three hours of continuing education each year.
The Planning Commission meets the third Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers at Town Hall, as needed. There is usually one to two cases on each agenda and meetings last for approximately one hour.
Planning Commission Members
||DISTRICT / POSITION
||District 1 Member
|David W. Bouknight, Jr.
||District 2 Member
||District 3 Member
|Betty B. Hartley
||District 4 Member
||District 5 Member (Chairman)
||District 6 Member
||District 7 Member
||District 8 Member
|James "Tripp" Bouknight, III
Planning Commission Agendas and Minutes